It is a requirement in South African law that an agreement to purchase immovable property must be in writing and signed by both the seller and the purchaser.  

The estate agent or the attorney would traditionally prepare such an agreement.   When it is a private transaction in which an estate agent is not involved, it is advisable to seek legal advice in order to ensure that the agreement is properly drawn and signed in accordance with statutory requirements.

South African law requires property transfers and registration of bonds to be attended to by a qualified professional conveyancer.  A conveyancer is an attorney specializing in property law and property transactions.  VERSTER-ROOS INCORPORATED ATTORNEYS & CONVEYANCERS is qualified to assist you with your property transaction and requirements.


•    Property transfers;
•    Registration of bonds;
•    Request lost title deeds;
•    Cancellation of existing bonds;
•    Private and Commercial developments and transactions;
•    General legal advice with regards to property related matters;
•    Assist with litigation with regards to property related matters;
•    Advise on land claims.

Did you know?

There is a recommended tariff for conveyancing fees as laid down by The Law Society from time to time.  

Please do not hesitate to contact us for a quotation.

Back Back to top